Although the art class supplies most of the materials your child will need throughout the semester, it is really helpful if they bring some of their own supplies. When they come to my class, I usually provide a list of materials that they will need.
- Acid-free sketchbook (grade 9 and 10 students can use a 9X12", while grade 11 & 12 students are encouraged to use a larger sketchbook -- roughly 14X17")
- Two drawing pencils (or more). Begin with a 2H and a 2B.
- Pencil sharpener
- 1 large and 1 small paintbrush (taklon/white bristles are usually prefered by students)
- Eraser (white + kneadable if there is an interest in drawing)
- Glue stick
- Pencil crayons (Laurentian usually work quite well)
- Thin markers (Crayola usually has a good variety of colours)
- **We might work with some messy materials, so a smock or an old shirt would help to protect clothing!
Many of the materials listed above can be purchased at stores such as Walmart, Superstore and even Canadian Tire.
Michael's is located in Thunder Bay, and offers a wide variety of art supplies. Their hours may appeal to families who are traveling from out-of-town.